IT industry is growing rapidly... software and hardware are continuously improved. The new software works slow on old hardware. We all have faced that problem before :P About two weeks ago I decided to buy a new "sandbox" too :D My first idea was to buy a good notebook, but after deeper research, calculation and thinking I decided to get desktop PC. This choice, as we all know, has pros and cons, but I think desktop PC is that what I need now.
I spent the weekend comparing and analyzing components. Below is the spec:
- Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UD5H
- CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz BOX
- RAM: 32 GB Corsair CL10 1600 MHz Non-ECC
- PSU: Corsair AX750
- GPU: Gigabyte GV-N640OC-2GI
- Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey
I already have a spare disk, keyboard, mouse and monitor, so I skipped them ;). Don't need CD-ROM at all.
I hope this will be enough for a while...